Balsamic Walnut Asparagus
Here is an in-season springtime recipe for asparagus that is tasty, healthy and ready in ten minutes from start to finish. The balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic add a delicious tangy and sweet flavor to both the asparagus and walnuts. Add this easy recipe to your arsenal and you will always have an enjoyable and elegant vegetable dish for lunch or dinner.
BALSAMIC WALNUT ASPARAGUS
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 bunch (1 pound) asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (raw, unfiltered local for paleo)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Wash asparagus and chop off 1/2 inch of thick ends.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a medium skillet; cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and the remaining ingredients. Cook on high, stirring often, until asparagus is tender, lightly charred and liquids have evaporated (roughly 6 minutes).
Pairs Well With: Sancerre or riesling wine, poultry, risotto, pasta, steak (see my Perfect Pan-Seared Steak recipe)